NRHDP Three-Year-Old Ranch Horse Futurity General Rules
1. This competition is for three year horses that are eligible to participate in the National Rope Horse Development Program ranch horse futurity based on the following rules.
2. The competition will follow Ranch Horse Association of America (RHAA) criteria. Visit the RHAA website for more information.
3. There is no time ownership rule against the horse showing and its owner for the competition.
4. Horses must be registered.
5. A breed transfer of a horse does not prove ownership; a copy of the breed Registration Certificate must accompany the entry form.
6. Horses do not need to be shown by the owner – NRHDP has waived this RHAA rule. Horse can be shown by anyone.
7. Limited rider’s status will be determined upon review of the contestant prior to the futurity.
8. There will be one class for this competition. Incentive program is included in the one class.
9. Top 10 contestants will show in 2nd/Final round.
10. Pay slots are determined by the number of entries.
11. There will be an entry fee paid by the contestant.
12. Only horses out of nominated stallions, owned or leased by participating consignors, are eligible to compete in futurity events even when sold by private treaty.
13. The top 2 horses in the futurity are eligible to be consigned in the sale the same sale year.
14. All entry forms must be completed in full and the hold harmless and photo release must be signed by both the owner and rider. Entry fees are due by July 1st or applications received after July 1st are subject to a $50 late charge.
15. All rules are subject to change without notice at the discretion of the NRHDP Board of Directors.
16. NRHDP reserves the right to change futurity applicant classifications at any time, and by signing and submitting a futurity application you agree to abide by our Terms, Conditions & Classifications.